Sun, 18 Sept|
Girls Rising Circle - for the Mothers
A circle for the Mothers. Exploring how they want to navigate the puberty journey with their daughters, understanding how their own thoughts and experiences can be worked-through and separated from the experience of their daughters. Gain practical tools to help support themselves and their
Time & Location
18 Sept 2022, 10:00 – 13:00
Hatfield, Studio & Therapies, The Oak House, Church St, Hatfield AL9 5AR, UK
About the Event
What is it?
A circle and workshop sesison for the mothers to explore their own experiences of puberty and first periods, as well as explore and express their hopes, fears, emotions and experiences of parenting their daughters during this time.
Where is it?
This half-day circle and workshop is held in the very beautiful Oak House Studio at Hatfield House in hatfield, Hertfordshire (See pictures and website https://www.theoak-house.co.uk/thestudio).
What's included in this retreat:
- A connection circle for the mothers to connect, express and support each other
- Relax and connect to the surrounding Nature
- A goodie bag for you
- Workbook and Journal
- Tea, Coffee and Lunch by Mama G's
You will go away feeling:
- More connected to yourselves and a community of women who want to bring their daughters up with body positivity.
- With a number of great practical activities in calming anxiety and processing thoughts and feelings to share with your daughter as she navigates rough waters.
- Rested and Nourished
- Empowered and Inspired
Why come to this Girls Rising Retreat - just for mothers?
- To be the best support we can for our daughters, we need to ensure we are supported ourselves.
- To process our own experiences of puberty in a safe and supportive way so that it doesn't get int eh way of our parenting of our daughters.
- To help us build a positive mindset of periods, puberty and body image for our daughters
- To help us to clarify how we navigate this time and support our daughters more fully through this time.
What will we do?
We will be connecting in circle with other mothers, using discussion, journalling, practical exercises and mindset-maps to clarify how we navigate puberty with our daughters.
What will we get out of it?
Mothers will go away feeling clarity with how they want to navigate the puberty journey with their daughters, understanding of how their own thoughts and experiences can be worked-through and separated from the experience of their daughters. Gain practical tools to help support themselves and their daughters as they go through this time together. Feel more connected with a community of other mothers and daughters.
How much is it?
Please see separate ticket information. Lunch can be purchased or brought separately.
Please pay in full.
"Another wonderful Girls Rising Session hosted by the beautiful and talented Laura Cowan in the gorgeous Hertfordshire Countryside. Fantastic, funny and insightful discussion, all made possible by Laura's creative facilitation and ability to bring together like-mined women (and their lovely daughters!)"
A circle for the Mothers
+£1.10 service fee
This ticket includes a half-day session for the mothers of daughters approaching or already navigating puberty to gain perspective, support, confidence and connection with a community of other mothers.
+£1.10 service fee0
Lunch option from Mama G's
+£0.30 service fee
Delicious lunch of Nourish Pots or Picnic box with homemade cakes and scones. Please ensure that all dietary requirements are placed in booking form. You will get to order from a choice of dishes nearer to the retreat date.
+£0.30 service fee0